MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/C++

Unable to Manage Transactions
Posted by: Joseph Wozniak
Date: September 14, 2015 08:57PM

I am new to MySql. I have been using SqlLite. Using C++/Qt on Windows.
I seem to have no problems selecting, updating, inserting. I have moved much code from SqlLite to MySql with no problem except one. I cannot get transactions to work. It acts as if AutoCommit is on always. If I begin a transaction, encounter an error and then rollback, nothing gets rolled back.

My initial investigation pointed to the Server configuration whether or not my tables are InnoDB. They are. I then ran the same sql code from the WorkBench 6.3 CE and my transactions work. So, I believe the Server is set up correctly.

From my C++ code, when I ask the MySql driver if it has transaction support, it comes back false. Really, I am using Qt to ask the driver and it returns false. When I look into the Qt code for that, it is looking for CLIENT_TRANSACTIONS.

I am using the MySql Driver from my install directory Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Connector C 6.1\lib\libmysql.dll

Again, everything seems to work fine except transactions.

Can you help me move forward with this?
thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Unable to Manage Transactions
September 14, 2015 08:57PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.