MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/C++

VS 2015 - C++ Connector 1.1.8 - needs to have dll-interface
Posted by: Simon Lea
Date: January 24, 2017 08:33AM

I am trying to build the MySQL C++ connector 1.1.8 from src and have made some headway. I am now down to 28 errors and 403 warnings :-/.

Most of the Warnings are like

Warning C4251 'sql::SQLException::sql_state': class 'std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char>>' needs to have dll-interface to be used by clients of class 'sql::SQLException' test_framework E:\VisualStudio\mysql-connector-c++-1.1.8\cppconn\exception.h 61

And the errors are like

Error C2282 'testsuite::TestCase<testsuite::classes::art_resultset::TestSuiteClass>::~TestCase' cannot override 'testsuite::Test::~Test' test_art_resultset e:\visualstudio\mysql-connector-c++-1.1.8\test\framework\test_case.h

I am guessing something to do with static / dynamic linking but am not sure where to look.

The other thread I have posted today is about trying to compile the example program to use this connector, hence now trying to also recompile the connector itself. The original threads title could have been clearer though.

I have managed to compile the 6.1.9 C Connector with only some warnings (mainly datatype to different datatype risks dataloss).

I have also corrected cmake putting in unquoted c:\program files all over the make files but these errors still persist.

Any help / suggestions ?.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
VS 2015 - C++ Connector 1.1.8 - needs to have dll-interface
January 24, 2017 08:33AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.