MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/C++

Installation of the Connector/C++ 8.0.13 in MySQL installer fails on Windows 7 32-bit
Posted by: Viacheslav K
Date: January 21, 2019 08:25AM

I try to install Connector/C++ 8.0.13 component and use it on a freshly installed Windows 7 Professional 32-bit with January 2019 updates (KB 4480970, 44893187, 3156016, 3978601, 2952664, 29112390, 2532513 ) using the MySQL installer (mysql-installer-community-8.0.13.0.msi). Before installation I set up Visual Studio Community 2017 for C++ package (without MFC support and Windows 8.0 SDK) and had 25 GB free space on drive.

Connector/NET 8.0.13, Connector/ODBC 8.0.13, Workbench 6.3.8 and others components were installed successfully. The Connector/C++ 8.0.13 installation attempts just fails with only message:
mysql Installing 'Connector/C++ 8.0.13' for windows failed.

Looks like the incorrect installation scipt for the Connector/C++ 8.0.13. It seems me it hangs up at start because it finished too fast comparing to the other components. Probably there is incorrect registry key analysis.

I had seen no other warnings or messages that touches Connector/C++ when I tried to set up MySQL Community and add Connector/C++. I had not seen them at the first attempts, there were only errors during loading common Microsoft packages for other components of the MySQL Community at wrong addresses and I downloaded and installed them manually.

Is there known and simple workaround without compiling Connector/C++ 8.0.13?
Is it possible to enable extended output during installation process so I could help detect the issue?
What the path of the installation script for the Connector/C++ at the GitHub?

Thanks in advance,
Viacheslav K

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.