MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/C++

MySQL Connector/C++ 1.1.1: Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 - Why doesnt it work ?
Posted by: T H
Date: February 14, 2019 06:38AM

Hello all, I have this code, that is supposed to connect to MySQL and get some basic information from it. I pushed the cart as far as I could, but when I try to build the program, it simply doesnt work.

I am using Visual Studio 2017.

Additional info:

The project is attempted to be build in Release mode, because it said so in manual. The folder mysqlx is in the same folder as the project MyTry.vcxproj.

I made sure that the MySQL database is set up correctly, it does work through command line.

This code is straight from the xdevapi manual, it was just snippet, so I added main function and hopefully correct namespace.

#include <iostream>
#include <mysqlx/xdevapi.h>

using namespace mysqlx;

int main()
{

// Connecting to MySQL and working with a Session

// Connect to a dedicated MySQL server using a connection URI
string url = "mysqlx://localhost:3306/test?user=MY_USER_NAME&password=MY_PASSWORD";
{
Session mySession(url);

// Get a list of all available schemas

list<Schema> schemaList = mySession.getSchemas();

std::cout << "Available schemas in this session:";

// Loop over all available schemas and print their name
for (Schema schema : schemaList) {
std::cout << schema.getName();
}

}

return 0;
}

Here is the steps, I have done so far.

1. Set up the MYSQL database properly.

In VS2017:
2. Configuration Properties - Release mode

Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> General -> Additional Include Directories -> and I put the parent dir of mysqlx.

4.Configuration Properties -> Linker -> General -> Additional Library Directories -> (and I include parent directory of mysqlx, which is concidently the project folder)

Now, when I try to build this project in Release mode. I will get these errors:

1>------ Build started: Project: MyTry, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>mytry.cpp
1>c:\users\uzivatel\source\repos\mytry\mytry\mytry.cpp(22): error C2065: 'list': undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\uzivatel\source\repos\mytry\mytry\mytry.cpp(22): error C2275: 'mysqlx::Schema': illegal use of this type as an expression
1>c:\users\uzivatel\source\repos\mytry\mytry\mysqlx\xdevapi.h(143): note: see declaration of 'mysqlx::Schema'
1>c:\users\uzivatel\source\repos\mytry\mytry\mytry.cpp(22): error C2065: 'schemaList': undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\uzivatel\source\repos\mytry\mytry\mytry.cpp(27): error C2065: 'schemaList': undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\uzivatel\source\repos\mytry\mytry\mytry.cpp(27): error C3312: no callable 'begin' function found for type 'unknown-type'
1>c:\users\uzivatel\source\repos\mytry\mytry\mytry.cpp(27): error C3312: no callable 'end' function found for type 'unknown-type'
1>c:\users\uzivatel\source\repos\mytry\mytry\mytry.cpp(28): error C2065: 'schema': undeclared identifier
1>Done building project "MyTry.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

What am I doing wrong ? Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Connector/C++ 1.1.1: Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 - Why doesnt it work ?
T H
February 14, 2019 06:38AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.