MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/C++

MySQL++ install woes
Posted by: Bruce Witzenburg
Date: January 17, 2008 03:02AM

I'm using Xubuntu and ran a build-essential in order to install gcc,

I also (of course) installed MySQL using an apt-get update and then sudo apt-get install mysql-server.

Those are from the debian packages so I'm pretty sure it's the latest versions, but when I go to grab the latest code for MySQL++ it won't configure properly (and thus cannot be made)

The error I get is:
checking for MySQL library directory... configure: error: Didn't find mysqlclient library in '/usr/lib64 /usr/lib /usr/lib64/mysql /usr/lib/mysql /usr/local/lib64 /usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/mysql /usr/local/mysql/lib /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql /opt/mysql/lib /opt/mysql/lib/mysql

I tried doing a apt-get install mysql-client, but after installing the server it says I already have one (don't know if that's actually correct)

I tried directing it to where (I think) the client is - var/lib/mysql/mysql - but once again I'm not too sure on that one, and because it didn't work, probably not.

Is there some inherent known problem with a debian or Ubuntu-based MySQL++ install? Am I doing anything wrong? If you need any information or have potential solutions, let me know!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL++ install woes
January 17, 2008 03:02AM
January 17, 2008 12:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.