MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/C++

MingW and MySQL connector
Posted by: Siamak Sarmady
Date: December 08, 2010 10:07PM

Hello,

I am trying to use C++ connector for almost 3 days but every path I follow does not succeed.

- I tried to use compiled binaries but both release and debug codes crash on connect and I cannot even catch the exception (possibly memory access problems). I had problem with type definitions in config.h (compiler would give error) and I was forced to comment them.

- Then I tried to compile the libraries from source (cmake , make and MinGW) but I receive a lot off errors in compile stage (mostly regarding multiple definitions for different types etc).

1- Has anyone successfully compiled Connector 1.1 using MinGW?

2- Is my selection of tools strange? Why should I not be able to compile and run a MySQL test program after 3 days??!!

I am really disappointed at the quality of the code/documentation provided for MySQL C++ clients. Should it be so difficult to make a simple C++ code with MySQL running?!!

Mac

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MingW and MySQL connector
December 08, 2010 10:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.