MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/C++

cmake makefiles for connector/c++ won't build: 'cannot open include file cppconn/config.h' error
Posted by: Antony Mott
Date: January 20, 2011 02:18PM

I need to use connector/c++ in a VC++ 2008 environment targeting runtime library /MT, rather than the more generally-used runtime /MDd targeted by the MySql precompiled binaries that I've used with success on other projects.

I used CMake to make Makefiles of connector/c++ source (I already had Boost and the mysqlclient.dll), and that seemed to work, in that I can open the MYSQLCPPCONN.sln in VC++ 2008, and this also opens 35 .proj files. But I cannot build the solution, or any project, as I get build errors, mainly about not finding config.h.

I used the CMake GUI, so I clicked "configure", and when I set all the flags, I clicked "generate".

In my destination directory, after "generate", I now have various folders but each still has a CMakeFiles folder. I have a cppconn folder, but it has no binaries, which makes me think I've missed some step.

I'm new to CMake...am I missing another step or two before I can "build" in VC++? I read that I can "try" NMake, and NMake install steps after CMake...but the dummies source/CMake tut and other articles use the word "try" as if those steps are optional, as no tut has the instructions for doing it with the CMake GUI, it reads as if NMake on the command line is equivalent to the "generate" button in the CMake GUI, and NMake install might be equivalent to "build" in VC++ 2008?

I saw another thread in this forum of someone who had a similar build problem in VC++ which was due to a missing double quote in an include directory CMakeCache.txt. But when I went through CMakeCache, I could find no flag/value that mentioned include directories that might include /cppconn, other than flags for directories for Boost, source and destination directories.

Any help greatly appreciated!

-antony

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
cmake makefiles for connector/c++ won't build: 'cannot open include file cppconn/config.h' error
January 20, 2011 02:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.