MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/C++

VS 2015 - C++ Connector 1.1.8, unresolved external symbol - get_driver_instance
Posted by: Simon Lea
Date: January 24, 2017 05:46AM

Hi,

I am very new to C++ so this is probably down to a lack of experience on my part but after working through lots of issues and Google solutions, I have now got to the end of a very frustrating day with just one error left.

LNK2001 unresolved external symbol "class sql::mysql::MySQL_Driver * __cdecl sql::mysql::get_driver_instance(void)" (?get_driver_instance@mysql@sql@@YAPEAVMySQL_Driver@12@XZ) mysql-connector-c++-1.1.8-console E:\VisualStudio\mysql-connector-c++-1.1.8-console\mysql-connector-c++-1.1.8-console\mysql-connector-c++-1.1.8-console\mysql-connector-c++-1.1.8-console.obj 1

I have "E:\VisualStudio\mysql-connector-c++-noinstall-1.1.8-winx64\mysql-connector-c++-noinstall-1.1.8-winx64\lib" & "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Connector.C 6.1\lib" in my linker additional libs.

I am compiling as x64 Release and have no specific PreProcessor settings above the standard Win32 ones.

NDEBUG
_CONSOLE
_UNICODE
UNICODE

I have tried rebuilding the C++ connector but my activity with cmake did not go well... at all.

I am using;
VS 2015 Community Update 3
MySQL Community 5.7.15
C connector 6.1.6
C++ connector 1.1.8 (installed and src files).
Boost 1.63.0

Any thoughts or suggestions please.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
VS 2015 - C++ Connector 1.1.8, unresolved external symbol - get_driver_instance
January 24, 2017 05:46AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.