Can't build on Windows 7 w/VS2005
Posted by: Doug Azzarito
Date: March 28, 2012 03:52PM

I have some MySQL code in C that I have been developing on Ubuntu with GCC, and I was asked for a Windows version. I have a Windows maching running Win7 64-bit, with VS2005 installed (including the 64-bit tools).

I installed the MySQL Connector/C 6.02 (the one for 64-bit VS2005), and followed the instructions for setting up a VS project for building code with it. I get a bunch of unresolved externals when I try to link (_mysql_close@4, _mysql_free_result@4, _mysql_fetch_row@4...).

I searched this forum, and saw a few posts that said building your own library sometimes helps (even though there is a release specific to my compiler width and version). I downloaded the source, and when I tried to build, I get errors like:

Cannot copy output executable '' to destination specified by COPY_FILE:

It looks like it can't find cmTryCompileExec.exe. I am using CMake version 2.8.

I found one post on this forum that suggested a way to get unresolved externals fixed, but it points to MySQL Server includes and libraries. I thought the whole reason for Connector/C is so you don't have to install MySQL Server. According to the docs, "There is no need to compile or install the MySQL Server package if you only need the client library." I installed the server on my machine to try, but it didn't solve the problem. Does anyone have a solution?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Can't build on Windows 7 w/VS2005
March 28, 2012 03:52PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.