libmysql.dll with timers
Posted by: Milan Milan
Date: May 31, 2014 12:41PM

Hi everyone,

I recently ran into an issue with libmysql.dll which I am unable to solve.

My application consists of a core which loads various DLL modules and subsequently handles communication between these modules. One of the DLL modules stands for a MySQL database connector using MySQL C API through libmysql.dll. Another DLL module runs a timer that is periodically generating data (every 1s) and sending them through the core to the database access module where the data are sent to the database using prepared statements. The core itself runs its own timer for periodical checking of the database, let us say every 10 seconds.

The problem is, when the program runs for a while an error occurs in the libmysql.dll file that causes the program to abort. It happens somewhere inside the libmysql.dll code, so I cannot debug it. Could it be caused by both functions triggered by the timers using libmysql.dll at the same time? Could it be helped by running the triggered functions in separate threads?

Thank You for help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
libmysql.dll with timers
May 31, 2014 12:41PM
June 05, 2014 11:10AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.