Is C++ Connector busted on OSX 10.10?
Posted by: 7 reeds
Date: December 07, 2015 04:59PM

Hi,

I am starting to think the C++ Connector is busted for OSX 10.10. I am trying to compile a C++ project on a 10.10 OSX machine using the latest C & C++ connectors with NetBeans as my IDE.

According to the download site, one is encouraged to download, compile and use the source distributions rather than the per-compiled versions due to probable tool chain incompatibilities. That's depressing for a start.

At this point I have done that though. I have tried connecting using the per-compiled and home-compiled versions

[by the way, the C++ connector versions have a number of compile time warnings]

When I have tried to connect I have used both the three string and the option-map versions of "...driver->connect()" and they all fail. The option map version is slightly different in that it causes a segfault. The three string version just yields

Unknown mysql server host '<garbage>' (2)

where "<garbage>" looks like a randome set of extended character set glyphs.

I have tried:

…connect(“db.my.host.com”, “me”, “myPassword”);
…connect(sql::SQLString(“db.my.host.com”), sql::SQLString(“me”), sql::SQLString(“myPassword”));
…connect(“tcp://db.my.host.com”, “me”, “myPassword”);
…connect(sql::SQLString(“tcp://db.my.host.com”), sql::SQLString(“me”), sql::SQLString(“myPassword”));
…connect(“000.000.000.000”, “me”, “myPassword”);
…connect(sql::SQLString(“000.000.000.000”), sql::SQLString(“me”), sql::SQLString(“myPassword”));
…connect(“tcp://000.000.000.000”, “me”, “myPassword”);
…connect(sql::SQLString(“tcp://000.000.000.000”), sql::SQLString(“me”), sql::SQLString(“myPassword”));

All fail in the same way. Again, using the map version just segfaults.

ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Is C++ Connector busted on OSX 10.10?
December 07, 2015 04:59PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.