Newbie - Connection Issues
Posted by: William Spence
Date: September 18, 2020 11:42AM

I apologize upfront because I am a newbie to C, and a newbie to MYSQL Connector and I am sure this will seem simple to many of you.

I have a MYSQL database set up on Amazon RDS and it is working great, and I have a parallel EC2 server set up to process a lot of the database data. I am writing some C programs to process some of the data very quickly as CRON jobs. I am using NetBeans as an IDE to do all of my work in. The C applications work great from my personal laptop, but when I transfer the applications to my EC2 server, they no longer work. I know that the addresses, database names, ports, and passwords are all correct because I have PHP scripts that are regularly running on the EC2 server and they are connecting just fine, so I know that the machine is capable of connecting to the database using the credentials I have. But my C applications are not reaching the database.

My only thought is that some mysql library is not being accessed by the C application, and therefore it cannot connect. Do you have to install MYSQL Connector C on all the destination machines that you are running the C application on? Or do libraries get packaged with the C application and should work on any machine?

Thanks for any insights, I appreciate your patience.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Newbie - Connection Issues
September 18, 2020 11:42AM
September 18, 2020 12:10PM
September 18, 2020 01:10PM
September 18, 2020 03:40PM
September 18, 2020 04:33PM
September 18, 2020 04:59PM
October 12, 2020 03:55PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.