How to build mysqlclient.lib 5.7 without MSVCR120 dependency
Posted by: Adrián G.
Date: August 18, 2022 11:05AM

In the docs here (https://dev.mysql.com/doc/c-api/5.7/en/c-api-building-clients.html), it's stated that for MySQL Community versions 5.7.18, VS2013 redistributable is needed for applications, which means an extra dependency is generated.

I basically look for an updated MySQL 5.7.30+ client static library that has no MSVCR120.dll dependency (unless it comes with Windows 10 by default, which I'd be fine with, and someone might know).

However, in the docs it's implied that this dependency isn't needed for Commercial MySQL distributions.

Does anyone have an idea on how to compile a MySQL client static library without that dependency on Windows? So far I've been forced to use the outdated 6.1.9 client library (old versioning), which doesn't have that dependency and doesn't even require my wrapping program to match the Runtime Library option from Visual Studio (/MT, /MD), etc. Isn't it just possible to produce an updated static client library with the flexibility that old library versions had?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
How to build mysqlclient.lib 5.7 without MSVCR120 dependency
August 18, 2022 11:05AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.