mysql client library locks?
Posted by: Jesse
Date: May 18, 2005 11:50PM

I have a large table, about 34 fields, about 124 thousand lines, and the client has up to 120 socket connections to the sql server each can last up to two hours, about 10 - 20 queries per second max across all connections, when creating an index on this table to increase performance on some queries to it, the server or the client (I don't know which) locks up on a "per connection" basis, if I try to insert to the large table on a connection that existed before the "create Index ..." command. The thread that posted that query to the server locks up and does not return, but other threads can connect and insert data to the large table. I have to kill my client program to get its threads out of this state.
Does anyone know if this is a bug or incompatible client server versions? I've scanned the change logs and can't spot a bug fixed with indexes that looks like this problem.
Any ideas?
Client version 3.23.54 server version 4.0.17

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
mysql client library locks?
May 18, 2005 11:50PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.