Re: mysql_store_result() with my own provided MYSQL_RES object.
Posted by: Moni Poni
Date: March 27, 2010 08:54AM

Hi Todd thank you for replying.
This issue REALLY bothers me.

"Perhaps you have not built the RES properly"
Irrelevant since I build nothing. I just link my program to the mysql's library.

"...reflects internal structure states that you have no access to."
Does it really matter? It's not an access issue but a "memory fragmentation" issue. Not to mention that allocating memory from the system means using mutual exclusion locks (at least one), which slows things down.

The bottom line is that the mysql_store_result() function need space to store the query results.
If I would be allowed to to pass my own MYSQL_RES object, along with it's (for example) size, the allocation responsibility would fall on me and that's exactly what I want.
At worst case this function would return some sort of "insufficient buffer space" error, or only then allocate it's own buffer.

I see this forum doesn't change a lot. Does anyone check it? Or, sadly, all the resources go to the Oracle database product now?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: mysql_store_result() with my own provided MYSQL_RES object.
March 27, 2010 08:54AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.