C API problem in version 4.1.13
Posted by: huszar.peter
Date: July 25, 2005 02:32PM

Hello!

I had a working CGI program written in C using mysql based on Apache & mysql4.0.2 & RedHat9.
Now I installed FC3 (Fedora Core 3) and MySQL4.1.13 (-client -shared -devel -server) from scratch, created the users and databases in MySQL.
I'm able to log in using mysql, mysqladmin, even mysql-administrator. But I'm unable to set up the C API connection (mysql_real_connect) with the same C program that worked earlier. I run the CGI script at home with the above new configuration, and at a production site, where nothing has been changed since the last working version (that is Debian10, MySQL4.0.24). At the production site the CGI script and the MySQL server is on the same computer, too. So host 'localhost' works fine on both sites.
At home I got the error message: I couldn't connect to the local mysql server through socket /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock (13). I configured the socket to be /tmp/mysql.sock in order to be sure that no problems occur with the filesystem access rights, but that didn't help (same result).
At production site I got the error message: Access denied for user 'nn@localhost' for database 'xy'. At the same time the same username-password is eligible to access the database through phpMyAdmin2.6.2 in a browser.

So, after all, I can imagine only that the C API has some changes but I couldn't see any change in the documentation. My code is still:

MYSQL mydb;

mysql_init(&mydb);
mysql_real_connect(&mydb,"localhost","user","password","database",0,NULL,0);

and it gives the error 2002.

any idea what is wrong?

thanks in advance:
Peter

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
C API problem in version 4.1.13
July 25, 2005 02:32PM
July 26, 2005 04:28PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.