Using the API without DLL?
Posted by: Robert Klerx
Date: December 23, 2010 10:42AM

Hi all,

at the moment I'm writing a program that needs to connect to a MySQL database to check some information. This application needs to be extremely portable, therefore I'm developing in Visual C++ 6 MFC. My goal is to only have a single EXE file that you can put on a USB stick and use it anywhere you need it.

I'm not a "real" software developer as I'm more into networking and administration, but I get along quite well up to now. But now I'm kind of stuck as I was wondering how to get the MySQL client functionality into my program without having to use the libmysql.dll (as I only want the single EXE).

I don't want to use cheap tricks like adding the DLL as a resource etc. Does anybody know how to achieve what I need? The required functions would be connecting to a database in the local network, retrieve a single data row for authentication purposes and disconnect afterwards, no need for updating etc.

Thanks for your help and have a nice weekend!

Cheers,
Rob

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Using the API without DLL?
December 23, 2010 10:42AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.