Re: Stored functions and prepared statements
Posted by: Daniel Keyhani
Date: January 24, 2011 01:42PM

I should maybe specify: I'm using the C prepared statement API, so not SQL prepared statements. E.g.:

stmt = mysql_stmt_init(sql);
mysql_stmt_prepare(stmt, "SELECT f()", 10);
mysql_stmt_execute(stmt);

Output in server log is something like this:

110124 18:20:02	   23 Connect	user@localhost on db
		   23 Prepare	SELECT f()

Output SHOULD be:

110124 18:20:02	   23 Connect	user@localhost on db
		   23 Prepare	SELECT f()
		   23 Execute	SELECT f()

The C code works fine if I use something like, say, "SELECT 1", and the stored function works fine if used from the mysql command line. It also works fine if I use prepare stmt on the command line. Just the combination C prepared statement and stored function seems to be causing problems.

Addendum: I was originally going to use a stored procedure and simply SELECT my result back from the table (the final function I want to use read some stuff, then writes some stuff and returns some info on what it wrote), however you can't have multiple results with prepared statements from what I read, so I redesigned the whole thing as a stored function. At first I thought it might be due to the unusual things I was doing with the function, but even simple ones won't work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 01:46PM by Daniel Keyhani.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Stored functions and prepared statements
January 24, 2011 01:42PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.