Converting project from VC++ 6.0 to Visual Studio 2005
Posted by: Ken Dullea
Date: October 28, 2005 03:07PM

I am working with MySQL 3.23 and have a fully developed project that was originally constructed with VC++ 6.0. It works well and has been successfully deployed for several years now.

I decided to try to convert the project so that I could work under the new Visual Studio 2005 environment. Upon initial compilation I received a daunting number of errors, nearly 400. A few of the errors related to my_socket not being correctly defined, and then many, many errors related to STL problems. For example, not being able to assign a VECTOR::iterator value to a VECTOR element pointer (*VECTOR).

My question is this: is there a known procedure for trying to convert the project from one development environment to another? Are there certain definitions that I must create in order for the proper headers to be included, etc.?

It seems strange that a working program should be viewed so differently by a similar development environment, but then perhaps standards have changed and changes have been made to the STL (for one example) that I have not kept up with.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that you can offer.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Converting project from VC++ 6.0 to Visual Studio 2005
October 28, 2005 03:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.