Visual Studio Connection/Linking problem
Posted by: Geoff Wootton
Date: October 02, 2012 04:40PM

Hi

I am trying to create databse program using Visual Studio 2010 and using a MySQL database that I have created with the latest version of MySQL community version. My problem is Visual Studio keeps crashing. I have tried my best to explain the problem step by step as follows.

1. In Visual Studio go to File->New Project Select MFC Application. Enter a name for application in Name box and click OK
2. In Visual Studio go to File->New Project Select MFC Application. Enter a name for application in Name box and click OK (Ops. Sorry. I'm repeating myself. Ignore this step 2)
3. Click next until you get to Database Support. Select Database view with file support and ODBC under Client type: Then click Data Source button
4. In Select Data Source Dialog click New
5. In Create New Data Source Dialog scroll down and select MySQL ODBC 5.2w Driver. Then Click Next
6. Type in the name you want to call your data source and save it
7. Now MySQL Connector/ODBC Data Source Configuration dialog box pops up. Enter TCP/IP Server, User, Password, Select database and click Test. Test result dialog says Connection successful. So far so good
8. Now the first problem pops up. A Create Data Source dialog box saying The File Data Source was not saved.
9. After closing previous dialog box your saved .DSN appears. Select it and click OK
10. The MySQL Connector/ODBC Data Source Configuration Dialog box reappears with all fields filled out. Click OK
11. The Select Database Object dialog now appears showing your tables. Select the table you want and click OK
12. Your now back to MFC Application Wizard. Click finish and then the fun begins
13. Visual Studio crashes saying a problem has been encountered and then Visual Studio shutdowns and restarts

I'm using Windows 7

Thank you

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2012 10:55PM by Geoff Wootton.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Visual Studio Connection/Linking problem
October 02, 2012 04:40PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.