Latest libmysql.dll may result in Windows XP incompatible applications
Posted by: Dario Fumagalli
Date: February 20, 2014 04:15AM

Hello,

Using the latest versions (I suspect all versions past 6) of the libmysql.dll lead to possibly Windows XP incompatible applications.

I have tested and may replicate this in a 32 bit, multithreaded, Delphi XE5 generated application deployed to Windows XP Service Pack 3:

- Deploy no DLL: my application won't start. This is a basic check that no "spurious" libmysql.dll may be found "around" to affect the test.

- Deploy latest (I tried yesterday's available Connector) libmysql.dll in Windows/System32: application shows this error message:

The procedure entry point InitializeConditionVariable could not located in the dynamic library Kernel32.dll.

This specific error message is what made me bold the "multithreaded" word above.

- Deploy a 2011, version 5.5.9 libmysql.dll: the application will start and work perfectly.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Latest libmysql.dll may result in Windows XP incompatible applications
February 20, 2014 04:15AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.