Used to work. Now I can't reinstall 5.5.28
Posted by: blah mcblah
Date: November 07, 2012 03:21PM

MySQL was working fine. All I wanted to do was move the installation from "C:\Program Files\MySQL" to "P:\" and the data to "M:\data". So I uninstalled it and now I can't reinstall it. When I try, it says "install error" next to server and some of the connectors. It puts a tree of empty folders under "P:\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5"

Not only that, but somehow it seems to remember the first place it was installed and wants to keep putting it back there. It puts the Workbench, etc in "P:" but fails to install the server. After it fails, I run the install again and it says it succeeds but it puts the server in the original, wrong, place without ever asking me where to put it. It puts the data in the original, wrong, place too. It fails to create the Windows service too.

Can someone tell me how to remove everything MySQL from my Windows XP machine so I can get the install to work as it did in the first place?

I ran the uninstall program.
I deleted "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MySQL"
I deleted "C:\Program Files\MySQL"
I deleted registry keys in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installers\Folders that referred to "C:\Program Files\MySQL"
There's nothing MySQL listed in my Add/Remove programs list

I'm using mysql-installer-community-5.5.28.2.msi

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Used to work. Now I can't reinstall 5.5.28
November 07, 2012 03:21PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.