MySQL Installer 5.6.10 does not allow path changes for new products
Posted by: Leith Tussing
Date: February 05, 2013 10:26AM

This is a Windows 2003 system that has gone from MySQL 5 -> 5.1 -> 5.5 and now we're trying to go to 5.6 using the MySQL Installer 5.6.10 as there is no other installation media available currently.

I'm adding the new 5.6.10 to install coexisting with the current 5.5 however the installer never asks or provides the option of where to install the server to. For some reason it decided to default to C:\Program Files\MySQL\ which is where I have the Workbench installed however the 5.5 server actually resides on the D:\ drive.

I launched the installer and used the Install Updates method to update the existing Workbench then went to Add/Modify and added MySQL Server 5.6.10 and proceeded through the menus. I have gone through them again after removing the 5.6 installation to verify that at no point am I allowed to change the install directory or data path.

The issue too is as there is no standalone 5.6.10 installer I cannot use that to manually place a copy elsewhere on the system.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Installer 5.6.10 does not allow path changes for new products
February 05, 2013 10:26AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.