How to apply settings from "Server Instance Configuration Wizard" in newer versions of MYSQL
Posted by: Viola .
Date: July 14, 2017 04:29AM

Hi again!

I am currently trying to configure a mysql server for Atlassian software. However, I think the instructions on their manual page (see below) are meant for the Server Instance Configuration Wizard, as I can't find most of the required settings anywhere under the current Windows installer.

If I understand correctly, the SICW has been replaced by WI, right? So, could somebody tell me how to implement these settings on newer mysql versions - either through Windows installer or via option files (or anything else that comes to mind)?

Thanks in advance!

The steps described in the Atlassian manual (original link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/database-setup-for-mysql-128747.html) are pasted below. Specifically, steps 4,5,6,8, and 10 do not seem possible via Windows installer.

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
Run the MySQL installation wizard:
1. If you are connecting Confluence to your existing MySQL server, choose Reconfigure Instance.
2. Choose Advanced Configuration.
3. Choose the type of MySQL Server that best suits your hardware requirements. This will affect the MySQL Server's usage of memory, disk and CPU resources. Refer to the MySQL documentation for further information.
4. Choose Transactional Database Only to ensure that your MySQL database will use InnoDB as its default storage engine.
It is highly recommended that you only use the InnoDB storage engine with Confluence. Avoid using the MyISAM storage engine as this can lead to data corruption.
5. Set the InnoDB Tablespace settings to your requirements. (The default settings are acceptable.)
6. Set the approximate number of concurrent connections permitted to suit your Confluence usage requirements. You can use one of the presets or enter a number manually. Refer to the MySQL documentation for further information.
7. For the networking options, ensure the Enable TCP/IP Networking and Enable Strict Mode options are selected (default). Refer to the MySQL documentation on setting the networking and server SQL modes for further information.
8. For the MySQL server's default character set, choose Best Support For Multilingualism (in other words, UTF-8). This will ensure Confluence's support for internationalization. For more information, see Configuring Database Character Encoding.
9. For the Windows configuration option, choose whether or not to install the MySQL Server as a Windows service. If your hardware is going to be used as a dedicated MySQL Server, you may wish to choose the options to Install As Windows Service (and Launch the MySQL Server automatically). Refer to the MySQL documentation for further information.
Note: If you choose not to install the MySQL Server as a Windows Service, you will need to ensure that the database service has been started before running Confluence.
10. Select Modify Security Settings to enter and set your MySQL Server (root) access password.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
How to apply settings from "Server Instance Configuration Wizard" in newer versions of MYSQL
July 14, 2017 04:29AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.