Install MySQL on Windows 7 (guest OS on VirtualBox)
Posted by: James Ho
Date: September 15, 2018 03:55AM

I am about 1 week old learning mySQL. I follow instruction to download the installer and am stuck at the page when they tell me that I have products that have failing requirements. For example MySQL for Excel 1.3.7 with the status as manual.

When I click on that item, it say Excel 2007 or higher is not installed. and there is a CHECK button. There are total of 3 such items and I am not able to proceed. The other 2 are Visual Studio and Python.

I select Developer (default) option and is this installer supposed to install whatever that is needed for setting up the MySQL.

What should I do to get going? I tried to install Python and come back here and click CHECK but it still say failing requirement.

I am quite lost and "frustrated" and do not know where to go from here.

I follow the guideline and watch all the video but none will talk about this requirements. I install Visual Studio and it say I have already installed.

Why do I need Microsoft Excel 2007 to use MySQL Server? Can I skip this?

Kindly advise the necessary. Thank you.

P/S: Accept my apology if I posted at the wrong place and if this questions is asked many times in this forum. I have also tried search in this forum but ended up getting nothing, hence created this post. Sorry about it.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Install MySQL on Windows 7 (guest OS on VirtualBox)
September 15, 2018 03:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.