Starting MySQL 8 Hangs during installation on WinServer2016 when custom log paths used
Posted by: Brian Porter
Date: January 15, 2019 05:45PM

Hi All,

I'm having issues installing MySQL 8 Community Server (as Production, server only), when making use of the custom logging locations.

I have set the error, slow and bin log locations, keeping their original filenames, to E:\MySQL-Logs\error, E:\MySQL-Logs\slow and E:\MySQL-Logs\bin, respectively.

These paths are pointing to a clean, dynamic, GPT drive (E:) and the entire installation is being run from the (only) admin account on the server.

The installation will hang at "Starting MySQL Server" if custom paths are set.

If custom paths are not set, ie: these log paths are left as default, the installer completes without issue.

Am I missing something incredibly basic here?

This is a clean, updated, Win2016 Hyper-V VM, with no other software except the MySQL pre-requisites installed.

Kind Regards,
Brian

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Starting MySQL 8 Hangs during installation on WinServer2016 when custom log paths used
January 15, 2019 05:45PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.