Silent upgrade using MySqlInstaller Console hangs
Posted by: Philip Zubaly
Date: May 22, 2020 02:28PM

I have built an application installer using InstallShield that installs MySql Community 8.0.17 as part of the process. The installer uses MySqlInstallerConsole silently (and disconnected) to perform an installation of server, workstation, and connector/Net. This all works fine.

I would now like to add the ability to upgrade. I have added the mysql-installer-community-8.0.20.0.msi and am calling MySqlInstallerConsole with the upgrade option to upgrade each product, but the upgrade hangs forever. I'm thinking that the upgrade may be attempting to download required files, but I need this to work in a disconnected environment. This is how I am doing the initial installation also and it works fine. I have included the full msi in the installer. Am I right in thinking that this is hanging because it is attempting to download when there is no internet connectivity?

As a further note I found that if I call install just as I did for the initial install it seems to work. This concerns me though, because I am afraid of corrupting the existing data in the server when attempting to upgrade the server. In my test VM I found that calling install with the new 8.0.20 installer appears to have worked and left the data in the database, but this approach concerns me when there is an upgrade option available that clearly is designed to leave the existing data intact.

Thank you for any ideas here. I have not found a lot of information on using the MySqlInstallerConsole except for the reference page in the documentation.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Silent upgrade using MySqlInstaller Console hangs
May 22, 2020 02:28PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.