Starting the server and upgrading system tables (may take a long time) is really taking a long time
Posted by: Lev Anni
Date: January 29, 2022 08:18AM

Guys, I have master/slave configuration. I was trying to upgrade mysql server from 8.0.19 to 8.0.28. First I ran windows installer on a slave server and everything went good, but on a master server, the final step which says "Starting the server and upgrading system tables (may take a long time) is really taking a long time because it is running already for two hours! I have somewhere around 3000 databases. One thing that I've noticed is that although it says Starting the server, nothing is happening in services manager, the mysql service is just stopped. Does turning it on makes any sense while updater in running?

Please help

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Starting the server and upgrading system tables (may take a long time) is really taking a long time
January 29, 2022 08:18AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.