MySQL Server 8.0.29 failed install (server won't start)
Posted by: Isis Alexander
Date: June 08, 2022 04:31AM

Hello!
Recently I was trying to checkout a mysql hw assignment I was doing and I wasn't able to connect to my server for some reason, it had been previously working and I hadn't purposely changed anything to my knowledge. I kept getting the "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost:3306'" error.

I tried manually restarting the server, double checked if it had an update, tried to see if any settings had been changed, and finally uninstalled it with the intent to reinstall it.

When I tried to reinstall the server bit, it never made it past the "starting the server" portion of the install. I made sure my computer didn't have any leftover files before trying to reinstall it as well.

I've googled up a storm and tried to troubleshoot it myself but I'm not well versed with mySQL so I haven't able to do anything to fancy. I'm not sure what to do and how to fix it. I willing to try anything tbh, I just don't know where to start. Thanks for any responses or help!

Here's the log for when I try to download the server 8.0.29:
Beginning configuration step: Writing configuration file

Saving my.ini configuration file...
Saved my.ini configuration file.
Ended configuration step: Writing configuration file

Beginning configuration step: Updating Windows Firewall rules

Adding a Windows Firewall rule for MySQL80 on port 3306.
Attempting to add a Windows Firewall rule with command: netsh.exe advfirewall firewall add rule name="Port 3306" protocol=TCP localport=3306 dir=in action=allow
Ok.

Successfully added the Windows Firewall rule.
Adding a Windows Firewall rule for MySQL80 on port 33060.
Attempting to add a Windows Firewall rule with command: netsh.exe advfirewall firewall add rule name="Port 33060" protocol=TCP localport=33060 dir=in action=allow
Ok.

Successfully added the Windows Firewall rule.
Ended configuration step: Updating Windows Firewall rules

Beginning configuration step: Adjusting Windows service

Attempting to grant Network Service require filesystem permissions.
Granted permissions.
Adding new service
New service added
Ended configuration step: Adjusting Windows service

Beginning configuration step: Initializing database (may take a long time)

Attempting to run MySQL Server with --initialize-insecure option...
Starting process for MySQL Server 8.0.29...
Starting process with command: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\bin\mysqld.exe --defaults-file="C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\my.ini" --console --initialize-insecure=on --lower-case-table-names=1...
'NO_ZERO_DATE', 'NO_ZERO_IN_DATE' and 'ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO' sql modes should be used with strict mode. They will be merged with strict mode in a future release.
C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\bin\mysqld.exe (mysqld 8.0.29) initializing of server in progress as process 2472
InnoDB initialization has started.
InnoDB initialization has ended.
root@localhost is created with an empty password ! Please consider switching off the --initialize-insecure option.
Process for mysqld, with ID 2472, was run successfully and exited with code 0.
Successfully started process for MySQL Server 8.0.29.
MySQL Server 8.0.29 intialized the database successfully.
Ended configuration step: Initializing database (may take a long time)

Beginning configuration step: Starting the server

Attempting to start service MySQL80...
Failed to start service MySQL80.
Waiting until a connection to MySQL Server 8.0.29 can be established (with a maximum of 10 attempts)...
Retry 1: Attempting to connect to Mysql@localhost:3306 with user root with no password...
Unknown error: One or more errors occurred.
Waiting 5 seconds before the next connection attempt...
Retry 2: Attempting to connect to Mysql@localhost:3306 with user root with no password...
Retry 3: Attempting to connect to Mysql@localhost:3306 with user root with no password...
Retry 4: Attempting to connect to Mysql@localhost:3306 with user root with no password...
Retry 5: Attempting to connect to Mysql@localhost:3306 with user root with no password...
Retry 6: Attempting to connect to Mysql@localhost:3306 with user root with no password...
Retry 7: Attempting to connect to Mysql@localhost:3306 with user root with no password...
Retry 8: Attempting to connect to Mysql@localhost:3306 with user root with no password...
Retry 9: Attempting to connect to Mysql@localhost:3306 with user root with no password...
Retry 10: Attempting to connect to Mysql@localhost:3306 with user root with no password...
Failed to connect to MySQL Server 8.0.29 after 10 attempts.
Ended configuration step: Starting the server

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Server 8.0.29 failed install (server won't start)
June 08, 2022 04:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.