Problem w MS Runtime requirement during msi install
Posted by: Rich Gosselin
Date: August 03, 2012 02:46PM

I seem to be caught in a loop of requirements. I am attempting to install the full version of mysql-installer-community-5.5.27.0.msi

When the 'Check Requirements' window opens early in the installation process, it seems to think I'm missing Visual Studio Tools for Office 2010 Runtime. The installer goes out and downloads the item, I assume from Microsoft, and then after clicking the "agree" seems to install the runtime.

The MS installer for the runtime claims it was successful, but after dismissing the MS installer, the checkmark leaves the VSTfO2010R unchecked. It then repeats this behavior.

I've tried many things including uninstalling and reinstalling the runtime outside of the MySQL msi, rebooting the server between all steps, but still no joy.

Next I thought I might just try to install the simple server version...without all the other add-ins that might be causing the requirement for this MS runtime, but the same thing occurred. I'm guessing this component is for WorkBench. I can get by without WOrkBench, but really need to install the server.

I change the default locations within the install to G:\MySql for the base directory, and G:\MySql\Data for the Data directory. This is pretty simple stuff, and the error seems to be with the system or with MySQL installer recognizing the install by MS. When I go into control panel it appears that the runtime is properly installed...at least MS thinks it is.
Any ideas what might be wrong? I'm installing the entire package to a large raid 5 as I usually do, rather than the much smaller raid 1 OS drive. Very frustrating behavior, but usually it's something I'm doing wrong, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Problem w MS Runtime requirement during msi install
August 03, 2012 02:46PM
January 12, 2013 07:05AM
January 22, 2013 01:57PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.