mysql-installer-community-5.5.29.0.msi installs MySQL Server 5.5 into "C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX"
Posted by: Janick Mantov
Date: December 25, 2012 11:13AM

Hi all

I've used mysql-installer-5.5.29.0.msi to install MySQL 5.5.29 and it messed up in a strange way - MySQL Server 5.5 ended up in directory: "C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX".

After snooping around for a while, I googled 'mysql "C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX"' - I found that others have had the same experience. These links descibes the issue:
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?11,432881
http://www.codeproject.com/Questions/409597/Installing-MySQL-5-5

So, I did the following:
1) reboot
2) uninstall
3) reboot again
4) checked that C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX was clean (no mysql)
5) made sure my my registry was clean using 'regedit'
6) made sure that C:\User\<MyAccount>\AppData didn't contain any temporary ini-data referring to "C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX"
7) searched for ini-files with references in C:\Program Files\MySQL (found nothing)
8) searched for ini-files with references in C:\ProgramData\MySQL (found nothing)
9) reboot
10) Reinstall with extra caution, I chose "Custom installation" with explicit references:
Base directory = C:\Dev\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\
Data directory = C:\Dev\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\data

11) MySQL Server 5.5 once again ended up in directory: "C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX".
The install-log showed that everything worked well until line 851, where my-template.ini apparently was given the value "C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX" (my best guess, I really don't know what that logline means) - from then on it continued installing into the wrong directory:

:
1: File: events_waits_history_long.frm, Directory: C:\Dev\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\data\performance_schema\, Size: 9220
1: File: events_waits_summary_by_instance.frm, Directory: C:\Dev\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\data\performance_schema\, Size: 8878
1: File: events_waits_summary_by_thread_by_event_name.frm, Directory: C:\Dev\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\data\performance_schema\, Size: 8854
1: File: events_waits_summary_global_by_event_name.frm, Directory: C:\Dev\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\data\performance_schema\, Size: 8814
1: File: my-template.ini, Directory: C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX\, Size: 13128
1: File: MySQLInstanceConfig.exe, Directory: C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX\bin\, Size: 2973600
1: File: my_print_defaults.exe, Directory: C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX\bin\, Size: 3462144
1: File: myisam_ftdump.exe, Directory: C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX\bin\, Size: 3743744
:

In C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Installer\my-template.ini I found empty parameters (including basedir and datadir),

12) reboot
13) Uninstall cleaned up nicely (again) - it seems that the msi-installer is consistent and the error is reproducable!

Any ideas?

Thanks and best regards
Janick

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.