MySQL Installer won't upgrade past 5.5.44
Posted by: Jeff Prater
Date: August 26, 2015 01:27PM

I'm running MySQL 5.5.20 on my development machine. I want to upgrade to 5.6.26 (the latest version) so I can start testing my application. I downloaded the MySQL Installer.

It detected my current MySQL install and identified it as 5.5.20. The only option it gave me was to upgrade to 5.5.44. I figured maybe this has some compatibility issue with upgrading my current version to 5.6, so I said sure and let it upgrade to 5.5.44.

After it upgraded it successfully, I relaunched MySQL Installer. For some reason, it keeps showing 5.5.20 as my current version and to upgrade to 5.5.44. I decided to reboot my machine and see if that would make any difference and it didn't. So, I said what the heck and decided to let it re-upgrade my current installation thinking it would make a difference, and it didn't.

When I click the Catalog button, it doesn't list any newer versions of MySQL. Why is this? I downloaded the the latest MySQL installer when trying to download 5.6.26 so I don't understand why my MySQL instance isn't being upgraded and why it keeps identifying my upgraded install of MySQL as my previous version. I checked the binaries and they have all been updated to 5.5.44. What gives? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Installer won't upgrade past 5.5.44
August 26, 2015 01:27PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.