Unable to add second MySQL 5.7 server on Windows Server 2008 R2
Posted by: Michal On
Date: June 12, 2016 07:24AM

Hi,
I have a computer with Windows Server 2008 R2. There are 2 instances of MySQL community - 5.6 and 5.7.13. I need to add another 5.7 instance. I downloaded Windows installer 5.7.13 and ran it. Installer asked me for update current instances - I did this for 5.7 (there was version 5.7.6) and Workbench. After this I could see list of current instances of MySQL severs and Workbench. I clicked on "Add" and a dialog with catalog of possible installations was opened. But there were only Applications and MySQL Connectors, two categories were missing - MySQL Servers and Documentation. This happened just on the server, when I run the same installer (same file) on my Windows 10 machine (I have also 2 instances of MySQL Servers), I could see all 4 categories. What is happening, are there any limitations for Window server 2008 systems? I tried restarts, previous versions of 5.7 installer, nothing helped, still cannot see servers in Add catalog.

Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Unable to add second MySQL 5.7 server on Windows Server 2008 R2
June 12, 2016 07:24AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.