How do you get this MySQL thing to work with PHP
Posted by: Paul Adcock
Date: February 27, 2017 05:33PM

I have done SQL before (Oracle SQL and MySQL) and, after having someone help me set it up, was able to get PHP with HeidiSQL. However, I no longer know how to set it up as it's been some time and the installations were lost when the hard drive crashed.

I tried to look on the W3 school site and hoped it would tell me where to go, and it send me to this site (that had a lot of not-free stuff despite it saying it would take me to a place where I could get something that would work for free). I did find a free thing called MySQL Installer and got part of it set up. (I don't think I have the database thing set up yet. I don't have passwords for it.)

I just have PHP enabled somehow only through the ineptpub/wwwroot folder. (And it's read only, meaning I always have to copy stuff to there and can't code there directly.) I have tried the Apache stuff, but it never seemed to quite work. (I got the Apache stuff working, but never could get it to work with the PHP stuff.)

I am not really familiar with this new MySQL Installer thing and am wondering how I can connect to it from a PHP file. Again, I have used PHP code that was able to access a database from HeidiSQL, so coding is not the problem.

The issue is getting all these things to find each other.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
How do you get this MySQL thing to work with PHP
February 27, 2017 05:33PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.