MySQL Installer (Windows) 5.6 upgrade to 5.7
Posted by: Erik Kjellquist
Date: March 13, 2017 12:41PM

Folks,

Been using MySql 5.x on windows for some time, mainly for Wordpress / PHP. Occasionally the MySQL installer wouldn't previously find updates, but up until now I've manually been able to either force it or use one of the full installer downloads from dev.mysql.com to upgrade.

Currently I'm on the 5.6 version track, at 5.6.35 on MySQL (everything else tool-wise appears to be current along with that version), and I'm wondering why I can't seem to force an in-place upgrade to 5.7.x. Neither the MySQL installer (1.14.18.0) not the current downloadable packages (e.g. the 5.7.17.0.msi installers available as of this writing) appear to work; they keep telling me 'no updates are available.

I'm guessing I need to uninstall the windows MySQL service and then try to install using the MSI, but I'd prefer to know my data / configuration will remain if I do that...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Installer (Windows) 5.6 upgrade to 5.7
March 13, 2017 12:41PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.