Confusion while trying to upgrade MySQL from 5.5
Posted by: Ryan Jarrett
Date: August 24, 2017 10:22AM

Ill start off by saying I have very little experience (almost none) with SQL but am tasked with upgrading MySQL to 5.6.19 from 5.5 (its the lastest version our SIEM version will support until that gets upgraded also).

Our network is cut off from the internet so I downloaded the "mysql-installer-community-5.6.19.0" and transferred it to the server. When I ran it and selected the action "Install Updates" it tries to connect to the internet (even though its an offline installer) and just puts and "X" besides it then sits there.

There is an action on the main screen for "Add/Modify Products and Features" and I could install 5.6.19 there but not sure what to do to cleanly upgrade everything.

I tried reading some upgrading documentation but it was kind of confusing and didnt really help in this scenario.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Confusion while trying to upgrade MySQL from 5.5
August 24, 2017 10:22AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.