Unable to uninstall MySQL Server 8.0 on Windows 10
Posted by: Ignacio Jarquín Poveda
Date: October 23, 2018 06:06PM

Hi, I've been having trouble with setting up MySQL Server and MySQL Workbench so I tried to uninstall them through the MySQL Community Installer, it uninstalled the workbench with no issue but when it got to 50% of removing the SQL Server it fails, every single time, and no matter what I do I can't uninstall the server, I tried the windows uninstaller and it the software is still listed there, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the community installer but I can't reconfigure the entire installation from scratch because the server is still installed according to it. If I try to modify the MySQL server and uninstall it from there it just tells me that the wizard ended prematurely. I tried deleting any and all installation files from MySQL manually, including the program data file, then try to uninstall the server.
It's still there, I cannot uninstall this no matter what I try, I'm completely lost and no amount of googling has helped me.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Unable to uninstall MySQL Server 8.0 on Windows 10
October 23, 2018 06:06PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.