mysql 5.6 installer issues
Posted by: Ralph Dudley
Date: July 01, 2019 01:57PM

I've been trying for a while now to get MySQL 5.6 to install via the windows installer. I have had it working in the past and uninstalled it, but something clearly did not happen during the uninstall.

Now it goes threw the install process but gets stuck on "Starting Server" forever, until it times out with an error and I can either wait or exit, waiting will just cause that error to come back after some time.

After that happens, I have to uninstall it from the add/remove programs again, but it doesn't *really* uninstall then either, I have proof of this because those install attempts both added (different, because they conflict and I had to change the name) services that do not function into my service list.

I have had this problem a long time ago, but at that point it was less urgent and I simply didn't try again until after a reformat of the drive/re-installation of the OS. I would really not like to do that this time.

Any help would be appreciated, I know this is a weird issue but since its happened to me multiple times now, I can only hope I'm not the only one.

I'm running Windows 10 both the previous time and this time.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
mysql 5.6 installer issues
July 01, 2019 01:57PM
July 01, 2019 05:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.