Re: Unable to install v8.0.16 - password problem
Posted by: Robert Bryce
Date: July 10, 2019 10:36AM

Thinking about this some more.....

Do you agree that it looks like the installation is not complete and will not run at all - that would make sense as the second attempt at installation was effectively aborted at the section that asked me to <confirm> my root password and I didn't know what that was - hence had to cancel.

This installation looks to be caught in a loop. I appear unable to start mysql from the command prompt, and there is no evidence that it is already running.

Something went wrong during first installation (finger trouble or whatever) whereby I thought I had written down the correct root password but this failed at the check for installing the example files. So - somewhere on my machine, this 'rogue' password is stored - therefore (by design) the second install does not ask for a new root password, but instead hauls out the old (unknowable) one, asks for a confirmation and failing that it may not have allowed the installation to proceed.....

Tail -> Dog -> Tail -> Dog....

Or am I missing something really obvious!!!!

regards
Bob

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.