Re: Ransomware corrupted MySQL database
Posted by: Peter Brawley
Date: March 09, 2021 09:11PM

> once tne database would not attach they just gave up.
> They apparently are not cooperating and will not provide
> any error messages or any other info on their efforts.

And no backups. You think this is bloopdymindedness, stupidity, what?

You're looking at a new instance of MySQL running against uncompressed ransomware archives of their old data?

1 Investigating this, I would not not want MySQL Workbench in my way. I'd want to be able to start and stop the mysql server directly, ie in a cmd window, and i'd need direct access with the mysql client program in a 2nd window once the server runs.

2 First you need to know the MySQL version.

3 Next you need to find out whether all the data is in InnoDB tables (.ibd), or whether some is in MyISAM tables (.myd).

4 You need to find out what the my.ini setting innodb_data_file_path=mobiledoc_InnoDb_data1:300M:autoextend refers to, whether there are data files at that location, their size &c. I'd want to do a full inventory of all .ibd and .myd files.

5 To examine the current state, you need to set innodb_force_recovery back to 1, move I*.log files somewhere else, start the server manually ie ...

mysqld --defaults_file="D:/*******/mysql/data" --console --skip-grant-tables

... consider posting the error messages here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2021 09:11PM by Peter Brawley.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Ransomware corrupted MySQL database
March 09, 2021 09:11PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.