Re: MySQL Installer 8.0.28 installation fails
Posted by: W S
Date: March 14, 2022 03:15AM

I have been trying different variations of setting some options or not. It seems that the step that throws off the installer is adding an additional user account during initial configuration. If I add an additional DB user, the configuration fails at the "Applying security settings" step, see the output of the installer below. Iz looks like the root user is created without a password, although one was entered,

By the way, the installer seems to have another bug as well: if you reconfigure the product using MySQL installer, it always shows the Config Type as "Development Computer", even if it was set to "Server Computer" before.
Plus the installer never offers an option to create any additional user accounts unless on the first configuration of the product after installation.

Installer output:
==========================================================
Beginning configuration step: Writing configuration file

Saving my.ini configuration file...
Saved my.ini configuration file.
Ended configuration step: Writing configuration file

Beginning configuration step: Updating Windows Firewall rules

Ended configuration step: Updating Windows Firewall rules

Beginning configuration step: Adjusting Windows service

Attempting to grant Network Service require filesystem permissions.
Granted permissions.
Adding new service
New service added
Ended configuration step: Adjusting Windows service

Beginning configuration step: Initializing database (may take a long time)

Attempting to run MySQL Server with --initialize-insecure option...
Starting process for MySQL Server 8.0.28...
Starting process with command: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\bin\mysqld.exe --defaults-file="C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\my.ini" --console --initialize-insecure=on --lower-case-table-names=1...
'NO_ZERO_DATE', 'NO_ZERO_IN_DATE' and 'ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO' sql modes should be used with strict mode. They will be merged with strict mode in a future release.
C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\bin\mysqld.exe (mysqld 8.0.28) initializing of server in progress as process 6444
InnoDB initialization has started.
InnoDB initialization has ended.
root@localhost is created with an empty password ! Please consider switching off the --initialize-insecure option.
Process for mysqld, with ID 6444, was run successfully and exited with code 0.
Successfully started process for MySQL Server 8.0.28.
MySQL Server 8.0.28 intialized the database successfully.
Ended configuration step: Initializing database (may take a long time)

Beginning configuration step: Starting the server

Attempting to start service MySQL80...
Successfully started service MySQL80.
Waiting until a connection to MySQL Server 8.0.28 can be established (with a maximum of 10 attempts)...
Retry 1: Attempting to connect to Mysql@localhost:3306 with user root with a password...
Successfully connected to MySQL Server 8.0.28.
Ended configuration step: Starting the server

Beginning configuration step: Applying security settings

Attempting to update security settings.
Unable to update security settings. Authentication to host 'localhost' for user 'root' using method 'caching_sha2_password' failed with message: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Ended configuration step: Applying security settings

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
W S
March 09, 2022 03:30AM
Re: MySQL Installer 8.0.28 installation fails
W S
March 14, 2022 03:15AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.