Re: Mqsql Silent intallation failing
Posted by: Jose Ramirez
Date: January 25, 2023 12:49PM

Hi Ankit,
Further investigating I was able to determine that it is not possible to install multiple products and configure one of said products using the same command. In this case either install all required products first and then execute the MySQLInstallerConsole utility to configure MySQL Server or either install and configure the server using the console arguments and then execute the MySQLInstallerConsole utility to install the remaining products. For instance, to install and configure server use the following command

"msiexec /i mysql-installer-community-8.0.32.0.msi /passive CONSOLEARGS="install server;8.0.32:*:type=config;openfirewall=true;generallog=true;binlog=true;serverid=1;enable_tcpip=true;port=3306;rootpasswd=test:type=user;username=root;password=test;role=DBManager"

To install all the required products use something like:

"msiexec /i mysql-installer-community-8.0.32.0.msi /passive CONSOLEARGS="install server;8.0.32 workbench;8.0.29 odbc;8.0.29;x64 j;8.0.29 --silent"

Having said that, it should be possible to use commas to separate products when using the "install" action of the CLI, however I've identified a bug where this is not possible when running via console arguments, in this case use a space as a separator instead. Please raise a bug if required at: https://bugs.mysql.com/
with this or any other issues you encounter and any additional support you deem should be added.

Regards,
====================================
Jose Ramirez
MySQL on Windows Team

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
November 30, 2022 11:26PM
December 01, 2022 11:01AM
December 01, 2022 11:53AM
January 25, 2023 12:48PM
Re: Mqsql Silent intallation failing
January 25, 2023 12:49PM
December 14, 2022 11:51PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.