Re: MySQL mysql-installer-community-8.0.32.0 Server 2019
Posted by: Aqeel Mohammad
Date: February 24, 2023 04:49AM

Hi Jose,

Thank you so much for your response. I have waited overnight, on another Server I waited 2 hours before hitting the cancel button. Having cancelled the step, I could, in one example, not proceed with reconfiguring as there was a red exclamation mark against the port number stating it was in use. In another example, this was not an issue, however, the Service dialogue box had a red exclamation against the Service name MySQL80. For some reason, adding some text on the end of the service name and then removing it, made the warning go away and I was able to proceed with the reconfiguration.

I suppose the question is, what is the significance of the system table check and upgrade step? Has this been performed or not? The timestamps on the sys, mysql, performance and information schemas has not changed. I also ran the following commands thinking this should complete the process:

mysqld.exe datadir='D:\MySQL Datafiles\Data' --upgrade=FORCE
mysqld.exe datadir='D:\MySQL Datafiles\Data' --upgrade-system-tables

Having completed these steps, is it ok to assume the upgrade was a completed in it's intended entirety?

Thanks and Kindest Regards,
Aqeel

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: MySQL mysql-installer-community-8.0.32.0 Server 2019
February 24, 2023 04:49AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.