MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

MySQL for Excel Edit feature, multiple computers
Posted by: Dustin Davis
Date: July 16, 2014 03:19PM

Using MySQL for Excel edit feature, I've created a series of spreadsheets that access SQL table, allows the user to make some changes or calculations in another sheet, and then replaces some cells with updated data to be committed.

My problem comes with trying to share these Excel spreadsheets and let others use them. I've installed MySQL for Excel on other computers and shared the Excel file in Perforce. I can't figure out how others can reference/edit my SQL tables. When they press the MySQL for Excel button to turn on the connection, obviously the "edit" sheets don't already reference the SQL tables.

For example, I might try to select a database table called foo_table, and press the Edit MySQL Data button, but that will only open up a new sheet called "Copy 1 of foo_table" that I can edit since the original foo_table already exists, unattached to the SQL DB. This wouldn't be a big deal except the rest of my spreadsheet references the original foo_table sheet. The advanced options in the wizard don't seem to help.

In sum, my question is there a way to Edit MySQL To Excel tables using pre-existing sheets instead of creating a new one?

Thank you!

DD

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL for Excel Edit feature, multiple computers
July 16, 2014 03:19PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.