MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

Multiple users using MySQL for Excel
Posted by: Ignacio Cruz
Date: March 25, 2015 12:52AM

Hello. It's my first post in the forum so hi everyone! I have been a lurker trying to learn more information about MySQL for Excel. About me:

Recent college grad and a Navy veteran with a degree in Information Systems. Wanted to focus more in the database field. I have done some small projects in MySQL and SQL Server in college.

Now onto my question: I recently found a job as a Junior Database for a small company that relies mostly on Excel and VBA, but the company want to move away from storing non-relational database to a more powerful relational database such as MySQL. The main thing is to be able to use Excel with multiple users that can edit. That's when I stumbled on MySQL for Excel. Is it possible to have multiple editors/users? I can also propose Access as a frontend and MySQL as a backend database. Like I said, the company relies mostly on Excel right now but it is becoming a problem, therefore we want to move into a more reliable database system. If MySQL for Excel works with multiple users, that would be winderful. If not, then obviously I would have to find something else. I know Access has the ability to do multiple editors.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Multiple users using MySQL for Excel
March 25, 2015 12:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.