MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

MySQL for Excel Icon Does no Show in Excel 2007
Posted by: Peter Kevin
Date: May 29, 2016 03:27PM

Hello All,

Sorry, if this has been around but I have an issue -

I have a large Excel Sheet (about 7000 rows/records) that need to get int MySQL as a database table. CSV could help, but some issues arise. So I downloaded the MySQl Installer for Windows (I am on Windows 7, 32-bit) and installed the Following -

MySQL Server (5.7.12)
MySQL Workbench (6.3.6)
MySQL for Excel (1.3.6)

Now on the documentation Pages for the MySQL for Excel, it said that an icon would appear on MS Excel (version 2007+) Data Tab and as I opened my file on Excel 2007 and hopped on to the Data Tab, I could see no such Icon.

On the documentation pages, it also mentioned extra requirements-
.NET 4.0
Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime

I already had installed .NET framework 4.0, so I installed the Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime. But sadly I still do not find any icon on the MS Excel 2007 Data Tab.

It would be great if anyone could help as this is essential to prove my worth in this new firm. I had suggested them the move from Excel to MySQL for data we manage.

Our Requirements at this stage - to transfer all the records that we have into MySQL and if that is successful, there are about 100 such worksheets across 75 Workbooks (which would be eventually added onto the single table in MySQL).

Warm Regards
Kevin.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL for Excel Icon Does no Show in Excel 2007
May 29, 2016 03:27PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.