MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

extra rows/records after update/refresh
Posted by: Greg Brown
Date: May 24, 2017 01:27PM

I just started using MySQL for Excel (ver 1.3.6). I've encountered an issue, and I'm hoping you all can help me find a solution. It seems that if a query returns fewer rows than the last time the Excel sheet was refreshed, the extra rows are not deleted on the Excel side.

Here are the steps I took:

I created a server-side view, and imported data from that into Excel. Then, I limited the view to 100 rows using "LIMIT 100" within the view, and NOT using the options in MySQL for Excel. When I refreshed the data in Excel, it appeared all the data was still there. However, I noticed the formatting of the Excel table only extended to row 101 (100 + Header Row).

I deleted the extra rows from the Excel side. Then, I further reduced to "LIMIT 50", and noticed the same thing - the formatting only extended to row 51.

Again, I deleted the extra rows at the end on the Excel side, and bumped back up to "LIMIT 100". This worked fine. The Excel data showed 100 rows, with the Excel table formatting extending to the end.

To prove it further, I reduced to "LIMIT 75", and refreshed the Excel connection. Sure enough, the last 25 rows were not formatted. I did verify they were not included within the table definition in Excel.

Functionally, this is not a problem, as the pivot tables would only look at the rows included in the Excel table definition. However, if a user wanted to see the raw data, they could be confused by the extra rows.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
extra rows/records after update/refresh
May 24, 2017 01:27PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.