MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

Japanese and SSH remote connection problems
Posted by: Phuong Phan
Date: May 30, 2017 10:51PM

Hi Experts,

Sorry for including two problems in one topic.

I installed the latest version of all MySQL software including MySQL for Excel.

Via MySQL WorkBench, I could connect to local MySQL database localhost, and also remote MySQL database localhost on Amazon web service Linux server (using SSH pem keyfile, port 22, ec2-user).

However, when I try to connect with MySQL database inside MS Excel 2016, then only localhost connected well, while remote localhost failed.

The second problem is about Japanese characters. I set encode as utf8 general ci or utf8 unicode when I created databases and tables. I open MS Excel, go to Data tab, click MySQL for Excel button, connect to local instance MySQL57, choose a table, choose Edit MySQL Data button, and input some Japanese into a column of the table, and click commit button.

Then I check my data on WorkBench and I foud that both encode types failed to show correct Japanese characters in WorkBench. Then I type correct Japanese into table in WorkBench and click Apply to update the data on WorkBench. By this way, it could show correct Japanese. Then when I update MS Excel, it also showed correct Japanese. So from WorkBench to MS Excel, Japanese is shown correctly, but from MS Excel to WorkBench, it failed to transfer correct Japanese.

Please kindly let me now if there is any solutions. Thank you very much in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Japanese and SSH remote connection problems
May 30, 2017 10:51PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.