MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

Connection Attempt Failed
Posted by: Dara Ifaturoti
Date: July 23, 2018 08:32AM

I downloaded the MySQL Server (version: 8.0.11 Architecture: x64), Connector/ODBC (version: 8.0.11 Architecture: x64), MySQL Workbench (version: 8.0.11RC Architecture: x64), and the MySQL For Excel plugin version: 1.3.7 Architecture: x86).

I've already created a database through MySQL command line, at this point it's just the name of the database. Using workbench, I have made a connection with the server successfully but when I try to open the local connection using MySql for Excel plugin on Excel, it gives me a warning stating that the connection attempt failed. I am attempting to import data from Excel to the mysql database. I have the correct username, root, and my password is correct as well. I uninstalled the MySQL for Excel plugin and re-installed, and I still cannot connect to the MYSQL connection. How do I go about resolving this issue?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Connection Attempt Failed
July 23, 2018 08:32AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.