MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

MySQL for Excel and SSL Client Certificates
Posted by: Marija Borisov
Date: June 11, 2020 09:02AM

Dear all,

I have a problem when I want to connect to the remote MySQL server via MySQL for Excel with the user for which client certificates are required. When one-way SSL certification is required, there are no problems. Also, in any case, I can connect to the MySQL server with MySQL Workbench, using the same MySQL Connection as for MySQL for Excel, for example, with all three SSL Files chosen (client-key.pem, client-cert.pem, ca.pem) and option "Require and Verify Identity" checked.

On MySQL Server, firstly I used certificates that were deployed with Docker Container by default, then I created new certificates with CN equal to the server's public IP, as I do not have a domain name for the server. In both cases, I succeed to connect with the client's certificates via MySQL Workbench but was unsuccessful when I tried yo connect with MySQL for Excel with the same SSL files and options (same connection settings).

Thank you in advance!
Best regards,
Marija

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL for Excel and SSL Client Certificates
June 11, 2020 09:02AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.